Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cleaning out my parents home getting it ready to sell

What can I say.  A flood of memories, some laughs, some cries.  I lot of uncovering mysteries about my parents like after moving at least six times they never threw away some of the silliest stuff, unbelievable after all the lectures about having to go to our rooms to clean!  What were they thinking, seriously!  and then some of the extremely tender stuff they saved, how thoughtful, why didn't they talk to me about it - I didn't know it meant anything to them at all and they kept it for all these years.

 

  Yeah, we waited nearly three years after my father passed away before tackling the house but it wasn't near so raw and painful as I think it might have been had we tackled this task immediately after the last parent left us. 

But I really, really hope I do not leave a mess to go through for anyone.  I hope I have the presence of mind to take care and clean out and distribute years before I am unable to!   Pardon me, I have to go clean out a closet.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Aaaa! I LOVE this picture!!! I would love to get a copy somehow...? What beautiful people (in every way!), huh?!

Fame said...

*sigh* its always amazing to me what people keep and what has sentimental value for them. i always think about that as i clean stuff out. what are my treasures? will someone laugh at me when they have to clean out my home? haha

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...