Friday, May 15, 2020





FALLING DOWN

It’s easy to fall down
I could just let go
Rolling, tumbling, going to someplace I don’t know or care about.

Is it as easy to let go as just falling?
I find strings of my heart
Stretched like bungee cords pulled to their limit. 
Some have suddenly released with a violent snap.

Yet more strings appear, 
pulling me back when I try to let go.

It’s easier to fall, that’s what I think I’ll do
Just fall
And then roll, with gravity doing all the work.
When I hit bottom, perhaps I’ll stay or
Maybe I’ll dust myself off and walk to a new place.

For now, falling and rolling within the sand seems so comforting.
The Earth holding my body dear and close
Telling me all will work out.

Just let go –
Let nature pull strings and find me a new beginning.

But, I can’t help wondering,
What if I were as tenacious as that tuff of desert grass?
See that clump of grass over there?
Ah, but it is slowly being covered by the sand
Covered and consumed because it won’t just let go and fall.

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...