Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trip to Ireland draws nearer!

School finishes on June 3rd this year and....
yes, I leave on June 5th for Ireland! Not many days now! I'm hoping the volcano in Iceland doesn't delay the arrival into Ireland, but I don't care if we can't leave and return to Utah for several weeks after expected return date, that would be such a shame to have to extend my stay!

We'll be flying into Dublin and start the trip from there - two glorious weeks touring Ireland. I have to plug the company doing this trip, the head planner is Ray Taggart from "Pixel Foto and Frame" on 90th south and State Street in Salt Lake City. He is a professional photographer so he takes groups all over the world about twice a year on these photography trips. They are "all inclusive" trips -all meals, all tours, all entertainment is included in the price which is great for some one going alone like me (husband won't go, says he hates flying for that long). I've done trips where we just winged it and found places to stay when we got to the cities, I've done trips on tours that left you half a day to yourselves to plan stuff to do, but I'm now at an age where I want someone else to do all the work. This trip has three meals a day, all the tours and evening entertainment! Like Ray says, "you just have to buy the souvenirs!"
I just want to wander and look and sketch (while other do photography) and have nothing to worry about. I'll report back on how great that was when I return.

"Pixel Foto and Frame" is now planning an October 2010 trip to China and Tibet. Last fall Ray took a group to Turkey and he's taken groups to Tanzania, Africa, just to name a few of the places. Maybe you are interested? Give them a call! I'm trying to get them to do Costa Rica before too much longer! Anyway, I'm excited and have started to pack my stuff up so maybe next blog will be the return report!
Slan go Foill (Bye for now)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so excited for you and wish I were going with you!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! And you will be taking some photos too, right??? I want to see photos! : )

Brenda Bowen Wright said...

with this being a photography trip, most people going to take photographs, they are going to make a CD for us when we return of the top 10 photos from everyone so I'm not too worried about taking really good pictures myself but I will take my little sharpshooter just in case!

Fame said...

so excited for you and can't wait to see all the blogging about it! have a great time!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...