Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New ideas for recycled paper pendants from Ireland!

So yes, I am home and ready to get back to work making necklaces from recycled paper. I searched Ireland high and low for ideas (and for fun). I have to practice a bit but I think I found the perfect idea for pendants that I can make from paper - St. Bridgids Cross (or as they say in Ireland: Cros Naomh Bhride). We'll see how that goes and get some sample pictures on the blog ASAP.
I think I need to open a little shop in Ireland and sell my beads, of course I'd have to live there year round - wouldn't that be heaven!
I have pictures I will post every now and again so as not to bore the readers but one of my favorite is a video I took of a 5 day old Falabella pony. This is the smallest breed in the world (from Argentina) but there was a little family of them at the Irish National Stud. This is a farm where world champion racing horses are kept and breed. It was an amazing place but I had to take the video of this little pony that was 8 lbs when it was born!
Here are some other beautiful pictures of Ireland:

2 comments:

Fame said...

o gosh! was it just the most fantastic thing of your life?! can't wait to hear all about it!

Brenda Bowen Wright said...

You have GOT to save money and go on the next trip - Ray and Sue are already thinking about one to Scotland and Northern England. I don't know when but you would absolutely love it and I will be going again!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...