Thursday, July 23, 2009

Here's an Example of a Custom Order

A few weeks ago (just after 4th of July) I received a package in the mail. Inside were a letter and a small bag of charms and various beads.

Here's the letter:

Hello Brenda
Writing this letter in hope's you are still able to make an exceptionally beautiful and unique necklace for my daughter Teresa Tashina Salazar. She had lost her father, Michael Paul Salazar so suddenly on June 24, 09. My husband and I met you at the Jordon Park and we purchased earrings that had a brochure of the Philippines. We loved your work. Please help us; help my daughter Tashina to be able to be strong at this time and forevermore. I'm sending these items which I hope will be of help. Each item has significant memories and symbol of our love.
Michael Paul loved the Grateful Dead music, loved tye dye, nature, the desert, people who he came in contact. I enclosed a copy of the service pamphlet, obituary (copies), 1 spiral which means life is a full circle, mother carrying baby which Tashina will always be my baby, turtle represents take your time enjoy life, arrowhead -sacred symbol of the Navajo for prayer (protection), green earring which her father purchase for me at a Grateful Dead concert (lost the other one), Dove - her grandma bought it home from Mexico for me because she loved me, and beads from our time together. The colors and where we purchase them mean a lot to me.
I thank you before hand, Brenda, you have an amazing gift and you are sharing that with everyone. Peace. Charilene Filfred


I looked at all the items, read everything again and again. One phone call to Ms. Filfred just to verify my idea of what to do. Then I added:
* several beads made from tie-dyed cloth
* silver colored beads and spacers
* Turquoise chips
* handmade paper beads from the memorial service and the copies of the obituary

The end product:




I'm having a good day today, I just received this email:

Hello Brenda

Wow!! my friend, if I may; I love it, it is so beautiful; I am forever grateful for creating a master piece for my daughter Tashina. I honestly think you’re an AWESOME person to have done this creation for me and my family. Please use what you need to, even the names. Again Brenda I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I just absolutely love it. The necklace is a moving piece for me, so many memories. And especially a great father, friend, son, and husband to be honored in such a beautiful piece of art. Blessed be, Clarilene

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh. It's amazing!!!! I can't stop looking at it! What an incredible, beautiful treasure! I wish I could have seen her face when she received it. : )

Teresa Tashina Salazar said...

Hello Brenda,

I know this is months late, but I would like to thank you for making this necklace for me. :) It is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I take it every where i go. it hangs in my car, and i waer the earrings everyday. Thank you so much

Teresa Tashina Salazar

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...