Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ok, How about "love note" necklaces?


The "Live Green" Festival went stupendously. I sold a lot of jewelry and made new friends. It was fun being out and amongst people. I loved having my husband spend the day with me (even if he napped a lot). I realized people are extremely interested in recycling and anything else that helps save the Earth. One guy bought one of my Junk Mail necklaces "because", he said "I like your idea, hard to imagine there's a use for junk mail!"
I talked with several clients about making "love note" necklaces. They also thought the idea was great. A while ago, I had my husband write me a note, something sort of mushy please, so I could try cutting the words and making beads out of it. He wrote, "You're my forever sweet heart. Love T." I made six beads out of the note with his personal handwriting showing, strung them with beautiful beige and red (my favorite color) beads and I LOVE THAT NECKLACE! It actually makes me cry!
Imagine if I had only ask my mother (who passed away in 2006 from cancer) or my precious grandmother (who died at age 98 in 1996) to write me a personal note so I could have a necklace with their very own penmanship and words hanging next to my heart! I've got to have my father write something before I miss that opportunity also!
I had breast cancer surgery in 1997. Constantly since then I have wondered what I could do to make anyone in the future remember that I was alive, that I was a person and had thoughts and ideas. I just don't want to be forgotten - Could I write a best selling novel? I seriously doubt it. Could I become a famous person? I really don't want to. I could, however, write a personal note to each of my loved ones and make a necklace for them. Perhaps it would be handed down over time, through generations as an example of that really weird aunt there in that picture, "she really wrote this, that is her very own handwriting!" they'd say!. If you think this idea is something you'd like to pursue, let me know. I'd love to make some for you also. Give some surprise gifts to your children, grandchildren, sisters or friends! email me and I'll tell you more - look at the picture of my necklace above. Well, See you next time.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! Priceless! You brilliant woman, you!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...