Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I made it through Field day with 250 7th graders!

Oh yeah, Lisa - heart surgery? phooey, lame, simple, simple stuff, I say. You've never had to be outside for 6 hours with 250 7th graders two days before the end of a school year! Now that is WAY more traumatic than heart surgery! I would rather give birth with NO anesthesia and have bamboo shoots pushed up under my fingernails than to have to do that again soon!
Ok, it wasn't really that bad, the weather was great - not to hot, not to cool, overcast but not rainy and I didn't have to play any of the games, but hauling out equipment, getting kids to quiet down to hear instruction and standing all day in the sun is very hard on an almost very old woman! I came home, moaned "ice-cream" and plopped in a recliner. My dear hubby, sensing the emergency, came running with a bowl of raspberry sherbet and a granola bar. I slept for two hours (after eating my sherbert) before moving from the chair. I woke up with two cats on my lap - now that is living!
I did the sun-screen and long sleeves and hat so hopefully I didn't get too damaged other than my voice, it's suffering a bit, (I think I sound sexy). Just think, I only have to do Field Day ONE MORE TIME! - I'm planning on retiring from teaching June of 2009. Well, wish me luck for the next two days then I have the whole summer to play with grand-nieces and nephew and to make beads! Life doesn't get much better.
I will be selling every Sunday I am able, at the "International Peace Gardens" known as "The People's Market" So come on down and say Hello. The Gardens are beautiful to see also!

Dates and Times: Sunday, June 15, 2008 – Sunday, October 28, 2008 (20 Markets total)Sundays, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm

Where: International Peace Gardens
1000 South 900 West in Salt Lake City

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...