Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 22 People's Market



Well, this market day was rather slow. But still I would rather sit 5 hours outdoors in beautiful weather selling and watching people than be indoors all day! The weather was spectacular. This first picture is a surprise picture taken by my husband as I was setting up in the morning. The wishing wells to my left belonged to the only other people there before me. And no, I did not wear the hat all day long! I tried an experiment and just laid out a few necklaces but all of the earrings I had on hand. I thought more people would buy them because of the lower price for a little souvenir for the day and because of all the young girls that come to the market. Did it work? No, not really. The earring themselves didn't seem to draw people to well...
But next week I will have 4th of July themed items and mostly bracelets. I think bracelets along with the paper bead necklaces will be the highest selling because of the prices and uniqueness, but we will see! I am definitely learning! The 2nd picture is of my point-of-view from under my canopy out to the center of the market. It is near the end of the day so people are sparse.
The park is so beautiful because of all the very old, huge trees. Just a few steps to the west of the market location is the entrance into the Peace Gardens. The walk through the Peace Gardens should be part of everyone's Sunday morning reflections!
Interesting happenings of the day:
I had one lady come to my booth who, after looking at the paper beads, said that she had just been to a wedding in Green River, Wyoming about a week ago and someone had given the bride a necklace made out of a map of Wyoming. She said it was so beautiful and maybe I should try something like that. I said, "I made that necklace!" I then asked, "Did you see it close and see I cut it so that some of the names of cities and such showed up on the beads and that it was five strands twisted together?" She said "YES, that was so clever"!
My cohort at work gave me a map of Wyoming asking me to make that necklace for him to give to his girlfriend because she was moving from Wyoming to Utah. When he came to get it he said he was in a hurry because he and his girlfriend were on their way to a wedding in Green River, Wyoming!!! Now what are the chances of having that happen? But now I just need to ask him about which girlfriend got the necklace... OR did he get married????
Anyway, I also want to say thanks to the brave man who said I looked 42 years old! It's pretty sad when that is a really exaggerated compliment! And actually his dog liked me the most!
Well, I'm off to make some 4th of July bracelets - catch you next time!

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...