Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Day at "People's Market" Fair

How cool is it to spend a beautiful Sunday morning at the International Peace Gardens in downtown Salt Lake City, meeting new people, selling your own handmade treasures! I had a great time and very much look forward to more Sunday mornings that are just as wonderful. I had almost forgotten how restful and comforting shade is from a huge tree in a well maintained park! The old swimming pool is now a skate boarding thingy - I don't know what those cement whoop-dee-doos are called.
One client will be emailing me a list a typed family names. She wants me to make each name into a paper bead and then string it for a new Bride! What a cool idea. If I remember to put new batteries into my camera I'll take pictures of the necklace and of the People's Market next Sunday.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! Aren't men who let their wives buy jewelry for that one rich aunt in Connecticut who has everything except a handmade paper necklace wonderful! Yes, they are! And what a wonderful one-of-a-kind present that makes because no two necklaces are ever exactly alike!

I have several new listings on my eBay store page. Hit the link on the left side of this Blog and see what is selling now.

Hint for Today: One hint I learned last Sunday from a lady who used to teach senior citizens how to make paper beads, is to use a knitting needle to roll the beads onto. Don't start gluing until you are near the end then the bead will slip easily off of the needle. The hole through the bead is a bit larger but much more easy on older, stiff fingers!

Sunday the 22nd will be "Earring Day". I'll bring a hundred, or so, earrings for the People's Market along with a few paper beads like the ever famous "junk mail bead" necklaces! See you there!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds fabulous!
Guess what? The kids learned to make paper beads at the Children's Treehouse Museum! They colored and cut their own paper shapes, then they used a glue stick on only the last half and wound the paper around a straw - so there wasn't any glue on the straw and it slipped off easy. (A straw-sized hole is definitely easier for little kid hands!) Anyway, their necklaces turned out so cute!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...