Monday, June 30, 2008

It's June 30th and it is HOT, HOT, HOT



Speaking of HOT: I spent last Thursday at my oldest nieces house and played with her and her two daughters, my grand-nieces! What a fun day. I ask Karmen the 5 year old, if she would write a note to her mother on the top of some origami paper and I would make the words into beads to make a necklace for her mother. Karmen wrote: / I love / you / Mom / from / Karmen / age 5 / - six beads in all and made them into the necklace on the right above. My niece wanted it to match a brown and green ring she has. Imagine wearing this necklace when Karmen is a Mother herself and remembering the sweet girl struggling to write her best and her smallest for her Mom!
Karmen wanted a necklace also so the blue on the left is hers. She wrote, 'My favorite things are, Mac n' cheese, cats and dogs, playing, drawing, nintendo, my bike, Ava (her little sister), and blue! It made 14 beads in all and of course I had to put everything blue into the necklace - blue dogs and cats, frog, hearts. Again, all in Karmens own handwriting that can be viewed and worn for years and years. I have made beads out of maps, book covers, magazines, sheet music, love notes, tissue paper, wall paper, scrap cloth - if there is anything you have that you'd like to see put into a necklace, leave a comment and email address and I'll get right back to you!
______________
The People's Market last Sunday was great! A lot more vendors and a lot more visitors. It was fun. The pleasant morning temperature, however, soon faded into a roasting oven, but by about 2:00pm the breezes kicked in and it didn't feel quite as bad. I love meeting all the people and seeing everyone's ideas. You really ought to come out and have a look. And thanks to the young girl, whose name I have forgotten, for that wonderful acapella song she sang at the end of the day - It gave me goose bumps! Next life I want to come back as a singer!
New hint from this week:
"Quilling! What in the world is that", I said. One girl suggested I look it up on the internet and try it because that was the next thing I would probably get into since I do all those paper beads!
So does anyone out there have any suggestions of a good place to go to learn quilling? I looked at some pictures of quilling but need more information, inspiration and lessons!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Brenda! I'm sitting here in tears looking at the necklaces. Words cannot express how special they are! They will be lifetime treasures to us (and probably generations to come) and you'll never know how much I appreciate all the hours and love you put into them! I can't wait to see them in person! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I love you!!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...