Monday, July 7, 2008

July 7, 2008 - New Cement and another day at the People's Market






The first two photos are of my new cement driveway and front walkway. We are SO fancy now! I actually have two cement front porch steps like fancy people on the East side of town! (our temporary front step only lasted 10-11 years. Thank goodness it was just temporary!)
The July 6 People's Market was the best yet! Tons of people visited (but less vendors came) and bought better than ever before. But the highlight of the day had to be the Aztec dancers. Those are the other picture, you thought I just wanted to show the orange port o'potties didn't you!
The costumes are fantastic but my favorite was a little boy (about 4 years old) who danced his little heart out and won the admiration of everyone watching. He was dancing next to what I would guess was his mother. His Dad (just guessing) was carefully making sure there were no sharp sticks in the grass around where his family was dancing. They danced one dance then some females of the group picked out some of the better dancers who got to go to a center circle and dance. This little guy was picked to go to the center and he was so thrilled and kept turning around to wave to his Mom. He danced with such concentration and exaggeration that he had two of us post-menopausal women crying! My video part of my camera didn't seem to work but with the two pictures you can at least see how decorative the dancers were and the little boy next to his kneeling Mother! Oh, my little booth again with the new "recycled" sign had to have a picture taken also.
News flashes:
I've been invited to participate in the "Rocky Mountain Art and Antiques Show" at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City on November 14, 15, 16th. The promoter who approached me said my work looks more like art to her than just jewelry so would I please consider doing a booth! Now that is a compliment! I think I'll do it!

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...