Thursday, July 31, 2008

3 days with my Dad!



My Dad says, "I'm an old 82 year old" I said, "not yet - you have 2 months until you are 82"! I stayed with him for a few days and during that time he wanted me to take him over to Janet's house to see the project Wayne has been working on. So Kriselle says, "drive down the right side of the garage and through the gate to the backyard, that way Grandpa won't have to walk so far to see." I'm thinking that sounds good - so down the side yard I go, over the grass and through the gate around a bend and up to the new cement slab for the shop. At that exact moment I remembered I hate to drive backwards, I just can't seem to do it. And we are in a bit of a tight squeeze and we are in my new Honda. I don't want it stratched or bumped because I couldn't back up. Just as the panic in rising in my throat, Dad says, "well turn around then". It took me a good 7 backups and then go forwards until I got the car turned around. It would have been easier to just have backed out of the yard! We gently nudged every pile of dirt and debris and car parts as I tried to turn around. Honda's do turn around in a pretty smally area! As we go into the house (I with my heart still pounding and Dad still laughing) Kriselle says, "Do you want to go see the project in the back yard?" Yeah funny!

The pictures below are of my Dad's home in Richfield and what his view looks like from his front yard in two directions. The red hills of Richfield!

Thanks to Kelly and Coleton for their pictures also. Wednesday was the end to all our vacations - back to the big city and I with a load of new papers to make beads with! I figure I have about 2000 beads that needs to be dipped in polyacrylic tomorrow.


No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...