Sunday, July 27, 2008

27th of July - summer is on the way out


I always have figured that summer was really only from the 4th of July until the 24th of July. Prior to that we are just warming up to summer and after the 24th it is downhill until the start of school and summer is over. So we're on the downhill!

Martha, who commissioned me to make a love note necklace for her niece (who is getting married) sent me a picture she took of the necklace. I didn't have time to get one myself. So that is what the picture above is. You can't really read it too well but every bead says: Christina loves Eric. They are all in different pastel colors. It is really fun! Martha says her niece screamed when she saw it! Cool!
I'm off to see my father tomorrow so maybe I will report from the small central Utah town that he lives in! I'm also on a "unique paper" quest. Got to make more beads and necklaces, my inventory is getting very low and I have three large events coming up.
Way hot temperature-wise at the People's Market today but I SHOOK THE HAND OF THE MAYOR OF SALT LAKE! no, it really is true. Mayor Ralph Becker shook my hand and said, "Remind of your name!" I know you are stunned but it is not so amazing since I had him as a teacher for at class at the University of Utah while working on my Master degree in Education. Yes, I reminded him I DID pass the class! He is an Environmental lawyer! We need more science minded people in politics! Anyway, I won't wash my hand for a few days!
I was thrilled to talk to the German lady who has bags of cloth material at home. She ask if she could pick out some of her favorite cloth and have me make a necklace for her out of it! Humm... let me think - HECK YES! I love doing that! We have a date next Sunday!

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...