Monday, July 21, 2008

Smelled like Rain this morning


What a spectacular morning today was! I love the smell of rain, maybe it is the smell of wet rocks that I like. When I was very young I would suck on small pebbles to try and get that taste off of the rocks... Ok, enough self disclosure!
There was a 30 % chance of rain at the People's Market last Sunday, but we lucked out - no rain. Or maybe we didn't because it was quite muggy. Hot and muggy is not a good combination. A great day however. I have to thank Martha for the opportunity to make a "love note" necklace for her niece for her wedding. Martha typed the phrase; "Christina loves Eric" in very small type, and in lots of pastel colors and then emailed it to me asking to make a rolled paper necklace out of the phrases. It was in a smiliar style to my nieces "love note" necklace (pictured in the previous blog) using tube shaped beads. I also added 6mm bicone Swarovski crystals (in pastel colors) to the necklace. I randomly placed three Swarovski crystals on each of the 5 strands of the necklace. It looked beautiful and so romantic! Sorry I didn't have time to get a picture. I barely finished late Saturday night so I could give it to Martha at the People's Market. Martha said she'd try and get a picture and send it back to me. Anyway - Have a great wedding day Christina and Eric! Also have a happy adventure through life together!
Wonderful food at the People's Market and not as hectic and crowded as the Farmer's Market at Pioneer Park on Saturdays! Really! I'm not kidding - you should come because you can also walk through the International Peace Garden after a tour of the market. Today's picture is from the Peace Garden!

And... International Peace Garden is having a big celebration on August 16th (Saturday) with Speakers, music and dancing, international food booths and boutique items! From 12:00 noon to 5:00pm. 1060 South 900 West in SLC. I think the garden is one of the little known best secret places of Salt Lake City!
I can't wait to see Jo-Lynne this week. She and her new hubby are flying in to Utah from their home in New Zealand for a visit. Jo-Lynne, my youngest sister, and I all went to Italy on vacation in 1994. She is like my best friend forever and I can't wait to catch up on all the news!

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...