Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Selle's Love note Necklace Set




I had my Grand niece and nephew write something to their mom. Kelly wrote, "I love you Mom, Kelly 8". Coleton wrote his name and the number 5 for his age. I carefully cut those words out making each word into a paper bead. On one strand of the five strand necklace, I put the beads "Kelly" and "8". They are in dark blue in the inner strand. In a middle strand on gray and black paper are the beads "Coleton" and "5". Then on the lowest strand again in blues are four final beads: "I" "Love" "you" and "Mom".
The rest of the beads turned out to be very fun. They are cut from several different kinds of discarded security envelopes like from bank statements. The reason I used them was, 1. I needed to match the colors of the papers the kids chose to write on for their Mom. I didn't want to dictate any colors. 2. I've always wanted to try security envelopes and thought they'd look a lot like Chinese porcelain beads and they do! I varied the length so that the kid's note beads would look more natural amongst them.
I used: nearly 200 silver colored metal daisy spacers, about 200 Czech Seed Beads 6/0 'Witches Brew' Black & Iris Mix, 93 Swarovski 4mm crystals of the color, "Glacier Blue", 3 security envelopes, about 1 cup of poly acrylic finish and necessary beading wire, clasps, crimps, etc. to finish the set. But, as they say in the commercials, "PRICELESS".

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...