Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Shortest Day of the Year! Happy Winter Solstice!


I had to stay in pajamas all day because why waste time getting dressed when night was going to be here so soon! This is it, the turn-around day when we now start getting closer to summer, just as a winter storm warning is issued!
I spent the weekend making 10 special order necklaces. Friday night I cut all the paper, Saturday I rolled and dipped approximately 400 beads and strung them all into necklaces on Sunday and finished in time to watch "America's Funniest Video's"
Four necklaces are made for one gal - she wanted them made from scrapbooking paper she furnished me. Beautiful pastel papers: green, blue and pink. I made three single strand necklaces, one of each color and then put all the remainder pastel beads into a beautiful 6 foot long wrap necklace.
The other order was for 5 necklaces made from pages out of old "Good Housekeeping" magazines from the 1970's - what a hoot going through those magazines! We sure have improved on printing colors since the 70's. I had a hard time finding full page ads with interesting colors but finally made a red/black single strand with black swirl crystals, an orange-ish two strand, a lime green (I remember this was a linoleum ad) single strand, a brown and yellow long strand that can double wrap the neck and finally, a multi-pastel colored long strand with blue accents. ---Whew!
Oh, the 10th necklace... one out of a black/blue colored page I saw in a National Geographic magazine and had to see how it would turn out. I think it will be a great men's necklace.

Terry cooked a spectacular ham in his crock pot and we set out heating pads (on timer switches) for the cats to lay on in the window. The Metcalf's brought us homemade toffee so life is sweet! Let it snow!

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...