Wednesday, February 25, 2009

IS IT STILL FEBRUARY???


Ok, enough is enough! I NEED SPRING! The last few days have been MAJOR Spring Fever!

But...
I do have some incredible beads that I made this winter - long winter nights mean lots of beads!

I must say this winter produced one of the best batches I have ever done. I found that occasionally the local library discards old CHILDREN'S books. Have you ever noticed how luscious the colors are in Disney books? Well I bought a couple of very well worn books. "Chicken Little" was one of them. Through the winter I carefully cut out all the pages, sliced them into papers for beads and WOW are the colors beautiful. I need to take pictures this weekend and post them - so check back. I'll also put most of them for sale on Etsy and Ebay so check those sites. (Links are on the right side of this blog)


Just imagine those colors with accent beads - VIRBRANT to say the least.


Tonight was the first of two nights of parent-teacher conferences. I find it rather difficult to do two 12 hour days in a row! But maybe these conferences are a bit old fashioned? I think I only had 20 parents tonight. With internet grades and email I don't think parents feel the need to come to school anymore??? Or maybe tonight was just to loaded with other more important activities. But anyway, tonight's attendance makes me think just how much different life is from when I started teaching 18 years ago! Heck, I'm still amazed at a microwave oven!!! And maybe I should try the internet one of these days - I hear it is really amazing.


Next Wheeler Farm Boutique is March 21st - 10am to 3pm at the old Barn. It's free to get into the Boutique so come and spend some time at least browsing all the wonderful wares and say HI!







No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...