Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1st People's Market - it was a huge success! Come next Sunday and See!


The first of twenty Sundays at the People's Market was a great success by my standards. There was a bigger crowd of people ready to shop and stroll and eat than I saw at last year's opening day!
There are more vendors it looks like also!
Dora's kitchen is back with excellent egg rolls! The Argentina empanada people were there as well and a few other good eats I did not get to because I was BUSY!
The soy candles are back (hurray because I swear there is nothing better than the warm melted soy wax for softening my hard calloused heels! and then I smell luscious also!). The mosaic lady is back - she breaks up old porcelain plates, dishes, etc and makes outstanding pots, vases, trays, wall decorations and such. (I love my mosaic flower pot in my kitchen window I got from her last year!)
The chain mail lady is back and there were hand painted pictures, mosaic furniture (like small tables). There was wire wrapped stones for jewelry. Lots of new plants to put in your garden, and classes on how to mulch! And of course - homemade Music. Thanks to all the performers, it was great!
I know there was more but I couldn't get out much to see it all!
I loved seeing familiar faces! Thanks for coming by my booth to see the new stuff: music book and topographical map paper bead necklaces are a couple of my new lines this year! I also have expanded the cloth bead section. The example of the pink cloth necklace in the picture above went FAST!
At about 1:30pm it looked like it was going to rain any second so I started to take down my booth. At about 2:00 the wind blew and it sprinkled pretty good and most all vendors were gone in a flash. We've all seen too bad of weather the past few weeks to even chance it! So sorry if you came late and everyone was gone!
But we will be back next Sunday with only a slight chance of rain. I bet it will be a spectacular day to get out enjoy the sun and the fun at the International Peace Gardens and the People's Market! See you there!

No comments:

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...