Sunday, June 28, 2009

OMG! Did you just see me on TV?


I guess fame is just my middle name! I have to plug my current FAVORITE TV STATION - Channel 4!
Today at the People's Market all three major TV channels were there. It was amusing watching the camera dudes walk around the market interviewing and filming the goings-on. I happened to see the handsome Channel 4 camera guy just standing a bit from my canopy, perhaps thinking maybe what to do next, so I said something clever like, "Too bad you have to work on such a great day". We talked for a bit, never did I see the camera going but then tonight on TV, every channel did a brief blurb about the People's Market... BUT, only on CHANNEL 4 - there was a brief camera roll of an older, chubby, dark but short-haired lady, wearing a lime green shirt and a coin purse strapped across her chest and talking to some customers and - YES, IT WAS ME!
I was just talking to some customers about my recycled paper and cloth jewelry. I will sign autographs later!
Yes, Kyle, I saw that you got to talk longer on one of the other channels, but really who was cuter?
I hope channel 4 doesn't mind me placing their logo at the top of my blog! It really is to freely advertise their wonderful channel. as they freely advertised for me!
I had a GREAT day: talked to a lot of people. I love talking to young kids. It was a hoot watching them do the sack races, the "carry the egg" race, and the water balloon toss! They were all so adorable and Talented!
I loved talking to the couple from Mexico! The woman was from Chiuahua, and the man from Cabo San Lucas. They bought a newly made cloth bead necklace set. It was made of shimmery black cloth and I added silver colored beads and jet black crystal beads! I just finished it Saturday night!
And Thank You to Sammie and her mother who rode their bicycles all the way from Murray to come see me! Sammie was a student of mine a couple of years ago. The rode from about 6000 South to 1000 South - ON BICYCLES! I had a hard time riding that far in a car!
Thank you to all who have directed people my way. I couldn't count how many customers today said they had seen my necklace on someone and then were told to go to the "People's Market"! Referrals are so good to hear about! Thanks to all of you once more!
This week, no extra fairs or festivals, I'm just going to look forward to next Sunday at the People's Market!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

People's Market spokesperson - you're hired!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...