Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Two Gorgeous Special Order Necklaces! Sneak Peak

On the top is a picture of a piece of toile cloth my friend fell in love with.
"Could you please make me a chunky, long, 3-strand necklace of this beautiful cloth?"
Voila, the finished product is below the cloth! (I hope you pronounced all that with a French accent to make it more authentic!)
I used antique copper caps and spacers with ernite green and some copper Swarovski crystals in between the spacers on the middle ten beads of each strand - just for a hint of glamour.
My friend is a statuesque, coppery brown haired, green eyed beauty who can easily pull off wearing this 36 inches-in-overall-length attention grabber!
I'm glad she asked me to do it.
I had the best time.
The cloth beads are, of course, soaked in a poly-acrylic sealer so that don't pick up dirt or body oils and can be cleaned with a damp cloth!

Now this set of pictures is pretty fun also.
Without giving too much away, (in case the recipient of this gift reads my blog... hey, it could happen!) a women who I see often at the People's Market asked me to make a necklace for her boss.
She wanted me to use papers with the logo of their place of business and with some of the wording from their directory information.
I used blue iris spacer beads with a "volcano" Swarovski crystal between each paper bead.
The volcano swarovski is mostly blue/gray but when in the sun it shoots out orange sparks which match perfectly with a small orange glint of color on the business logo,
which is otherwise blue.
The necklace is 3-strand and about 28" in overall length.

Well, this is all I have done since being off sick.
I'm feeling way better today.
Almost like my old self again, except my husband says I sound French when I talk (all nasal I guess), Maybe I just sound French from touching so much French Toile cloth!

P.S. Who is sneaking off to Disneyland next week????
You better take a TON of pictures!

1 comment:

Fame said...

i LOVE my handmade specials. :) especially the latest one and will be sporting it this week. kyle beckerman thanks you as well, i'm sure.

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...