Tuesday, September 16, 2008

** I'm a MOVIE STAR! **

Ok, not really a movie star, more like a TV STAR... ok not really a TV star, more like an Infomercial Star! I was on the KUTV2 Morning Show today (the 16th) and was interviewed by Mary Nickles! How cool is that? (Yes, she is gorgeous).
When I got to the building, (I knew it because I have taken tours of their facility in the past), I had to rattle the locked front doors, a good looking guy came and un-locked the door and then went to fetch the producer. My husband (carrying my load of jewelry) and I were led on a winding path through the facility finally to their little outdoor porch with teeny waterfalls and pool. I was shown a very small and very tall table and told to set my stuff up there. I was thinking the table they promised would be more like the 8' long table I used at the fair. I think it was more like 2' x 3' at most. So I picked through my wares and tried to get an example of all the different kinds of paper I use and some of the cloth ones also. I was set up with a microphone and was cued with a wave of a hand to look like I was "futt-zing" with jewelry. I waited a bit more and then... Mary came out looking like a runway model. All I could say to her was "I've always tried to make my hair look like yours!" She replied, "your's looks great, my hair is really dry." It is this deep and intimate look into others lives that really draws me to TV...
I think Mary (we're on first name basis now) was really impressed with my jewelry (she seemed honestly tickled with the Sunday Comic paper beads necklace). I bet I looked great next to her... they had me stand on a stool so I wouldn't look so short! and no one did my make-up or hair - HELLO! How can I possibly stand next to, let alone compete with MARY NICKLES? Did anyone out there see me? about 10:15am today? Did I have anything stuck between my teeth? Was my bra strap hanging out? Did my upper lip stick to my teeth?
But it was truely fun and everyone there was helpful and happy. I got a feeling it was fun working at the station. My hubby took pictures as they were filming so as soon as I can get him to download them, I'll post a few (whether you want them or not).
If you found this blog from watching the show and want to see my stuff or get in touch with me, click on the links on the right side of this webpage, or leave a comment.
Also, my niece and mentor, doing business as: "Embracelets Jewelry", works with me doing parties and festivals and such. She does the really elegant jewelry. (I'm the more earthy line of our accessorization facility.) She does wedding sets for brides and their bridesmaid that are to die for! Together we can do a party for you! Get an early jump on our holiday supply of jewelry so you have more to choose from!
Or, come see me and all the other vendors and farmers at the People's Market, 10th south 900 West SLC every Sunday 10:00am to 3:00pm. until Oct 20th.
Now I must go languish in the glory of my 2.5 minutes of fame from this morning....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Aaaaaaaa! Do they have video files of it online??? I want to see you on t.v.! I didn't know you were going to be on air today!!! How fun! I think Mary Nickles is so pretty. And I think my Aunt Brenda is beautiful! (I AM cracking up at the stool thing, though...)

Lisa said...

by the way, I was just telling Karmen about you being on t.v. and she wants to see it so bad! She just said, "I hope she said 'hi Karmen!'" hee hee...

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...