Tuesday, September 2, 2008

No People's Market over Labor Day for me... why? you ask

(Picture is my imagination of potential weather for Sunday, Aug. 31st)
I thought I was really out smarting the weather this last Sunday. The weatherman said it was going to be stormy and I wasn't too excited about braving the elements with blowing canopy and soggy paper beads so I sleep in on Sunday. Now sleeping in is a wonderful thing - beyond wonderful, it is divine! So after awaking around 8:30am I kept waiting for the justification for staying home to materialize. I waited, no rain. 12:00pm, still no rain. 2:00pm and still no rain. I usually make it home by 3:30 after I clean-up and pack everything from the market and drive home. A total bust. I could have been at the Market seeing my friends, meeting people, have a very comfortable temperature sit in a beautiful park but NO, I had to try and out think the weather! I am so totally irritated now. And then what happens, at exactly 3:23 pm, the rain begins at my home and it looked to me like it hadn't hit the downtown area at all yet. I'll have to see what people say about the wind. Maybe that was hard to handle and then I can feel smug about staying home but right now I am so disappointed and upset about not going. I could cry!

I'll be back next week now without a doubt - not even snow could keep me away!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry you missed out on the market! Boy, I sure enjoyed all that rain and thunder, though!!

Anonymous said...

I think everyone had the same idea. People's Market was slow on Sunday. Few artisan vendors came but we did have two new farmers!

   Feb. 2022 my grandparents: Grandpa Fryer at top, then Grandma Fryer followed by Grandpa and Grandma Bowen with their family in the bottom...